February 13, 2008

let it snow...

We got to Michigan safe and sound! We had a particularly awful flight coming in though (but not my worst, thankfully). We left right on time but due to the snow in Detroit, only two runways were open and we had to circle the airport several times before landing. The wind was whipping us all over the sky and for only the second time in my record of flying did I have motion sickness. I am so glad I had taken Dramamine!

For those of you that are in Dallas, I heard it was almost 90 there this week. The high on Monday here was 16 degrees! We got up really early Monday morning to go to Frankenmuth and kept praying it wouldn't snow. Thankfully it didn't until we were almost back to my parent's house on Tuesday. I will talk about Frankenmuth more in a later post, when I'm back on my own keyboard!

Forest and I are going to go outside and build a giant snowman. Forest hasn't seen this much snow since he moved from Utah over 10 years ago. He was so eager to shovel the snow for my parents yesterday, which was very helpful. Time to bundle up and freeze just for the sake of a snowman and funny pictures of me all bundled up! Wish us luck!

No comments: