June 7, 2008

8 days...

I can't help but feel this overwhelming thought of anxiousness. I am so nervous about moving. It's hard to believe we have owned this house for almost 6 weeks. It's oddly just been in the past few days that I have started to feel this way. A house is such a huge responsibility, one that I think we are more than ready to take on. I paid our first mortgage payment yesterday. By clicking that "submit" button (I love that I can pay my mortgage online!) it felt like I was moving into a completely different direction. What a great and satisfyingly decision it has been for us to purchase a home. Now comes the fun part, moving all of our stuff less than 1,000 feet to the southwest.

We have decided to move all of our big things on Monday the 16th. If anyone who reads this that is in the area can help at all that day (or send their husbands), we would appreciate it so much! We realize that it might interfere with work schedules, but otherwise we'd have to wait two weeks to move on a Saturday and we (or possibly just me) have no desire to wait any longer! As long as we can get those things that won't fit into our cars out of here, we will be happy campers and can possibly have more come on Saturday to help carry smaller less important things down with us. I noticed today that we have so many boxes, more than I thought we had. I am trying to make this as simple as possible for those kind brave souls who are going to come help us and so far, things are going pretty well. I've heard that most people who are moving a short distance tend to think they don't need to box things up, but anything that fits into a box has gone into a box. Our spare bedroom looks like we ripped off a delivery truck full of Dell Computers (Forest got the boxes from work). If anyone needs boxes in the near future, we'll have a ton!

No comments: