June 16, 2008

last apartment bound

Well, we finally got the house today! There are a few issues that we couldn't see because furniture was in the way, but so far nothing major. Mostly just dirty walls that we are going to make sparkle with some magic erasers tomorrow. I am so thankful I have our neighbors Rebecca and John to help because tonight I would have gone nuts without them. We had to re vacuum the whole house because the woman we bought it from had her vacuum die on her earlier today. We had two vacuums going and got it done in no time. One huge bummer is that when Rebecca was vacuuming the master bathroom, she noticed that the front part of our tub was coming off. It smells like there might be some mold down there. It's just concrete underneath there so hopefully we can pull the front off and just replace it. It looks like the front board is what is the problem is. I'm completely freaking out though, as usual. It will all be ok, I just have to keep telling myself that. It will be, I know it.

We went over to Cassi and Bryce's apartment today for dinner, we thank them a million times for that. It got our minds off of the house for a bit and we didn't have to worry about making dinner tonight. It was such a huge help. It's so nice having another couple in our ward that are our age that we can spend time with, it's really fantastic. They are coming over to help us move tomorrow, so we can't thank them enough for helping us out.

It's already 11 and we have to get up early tomorrow. It's a big day, I've got to clean the walls, wait for the cable, electric and water to be turned on and get our washer and dryer installed. Forest has an interview at 11 (I know, perfect timing) and then everyone is coming over at 2 to help move. I am going to be dead tomorrow (I already feel kind of dead right now), I'm glad I have an easy job where I can hang out and relax. I hope Grace sits on my lap all day on Tuesday and laughs and smiles with me. That will make up for the crazy day I am going to have tomorrow!

No comments: