My Uncle Richard (my Dad's second oldest brother) was diagnosed with throat cancer in April 2005. He spent three years battling this relentless disease before passing away on Saturday morning. He was only 61. Depending on how I am feeling about it at the moment, sometimes I feel very good about his passing, glad that he isn't in pain anymore and happy that he is with my Grandparents and our Heavenly Father. Other times I just lose it and completely break down. Every once in a while I can't figure out why my Uncle, who was one of the best men I've ever known, had to endure this terrible fate. I've been comforted a lot this week, armed with the knowledge of everlasting life and eternal families.
I have so many good things to say about my Uncle. He has led a very interesting life and has had so many hardships to deal with but never let them define him. He had such a strong testimony of the gospel. I am going to miss him very much and he will be missed by many many others.
Richard Wilson's Obituary
No comments:
Post a Comment