The Northwest ISD has an adaptive Field Day every year for the special needs classes. I look forward to going every year, it's so much fun! This year's was Tuesday, May 4th. When we got to the field, we found out that *everything* was water based. Grace wasn't dressed to be wet, but since she had a change of clothes, we figured we could soak her. There were 8 high school kids waiting to help with the 8 kids in Grace's class and there was only one boy in the group. So, naturally, he had been assigned to be Grace's helper for the day! Grace flirted with him all morning. She was just a little bit wet until one of the kids in her class took a water-soaked sponge and squeezed it over her head! From then on she was soaking wet.
I think she really enjoyed herself, she kept screaming (in a happy way, I promise) and laughing all morning. She enjoyed her helper being there, he was very good with her. He reminded me so much of my friend Mark. He gave Grace a hug at the end of the morning and Grace tried to pull his hair. She's so cute, I love her so much!
1 comment:
Awww, looks like fun! You can tell Grace was having a blast! Thx for posting pictures, so cute!
Post a Comment