May 30, 2010

More Flags, More Fun

Like I said in my last post, we go to Six Flags a lot. Forest had this last Friday off (May 28th) and so we went for the entire day. It was pretty slow, except for the water rides, which all had 30 to 90 minute waits. I have officially been on every ride in the park, except for the kid rides they won't let me on and Texas Giant, which I would seriously not suggest trying to ride right now!



See, right now it's a death trap. They are turning it into a steel/wooden hybrid and it'll back next season. I was told not to ride it before the construction started if I wanted to keep my spine in tact.

Forest said that he wanted to try some bigger coasters, so I took him on Shockwave last week! He got his head caught down when we went through the double loop and that kind of hurt, but he loved the rest of the ride. We went on it again on Friday and he liked it much better that time.







We went up on the Oil Derrick, it hasn't been open much this season. Here are some pics of us that we took up there.







That's the highest point in the park and has a great view of Dallas and Fort Worth. As you can tell in these pictures, when it gets hot, my hair just does whatever it wants. I did wear a bandanna to the park and lost it on the very first ride we went on. I just didn't think about it! Forest ended up winning me a hat at the "Guess Your Age" game. She guessed 27. I was really surprised she guessed so close! I guess Forest is starting to look his age...

Tomorrow (Memorial Day) we are actually not going to Six Flags (I know, shocker!) but are going with the Dendy Family to the Scarborough Fair in Waxahachie. I have never been, so I am very excited! I have been having really rough mornings though...I hope I can get up and feel good for the day. I'm sure we'll have a ton of fun, pictures to come soon...

No comments: