November 9, 2008

thoughts on friday...

Forest and I were finally able to make it to the Temple on Friday. It was such a fantastic experience for both of us. I think we were as prepared as anyone could ever be, thanks to our many friends and family members. We were so blessed to have Jennie and Dallas there for us to be our escorts. I walked in to the main part of the Temple and saw everyone dressed in white and I felt such a feeling of comfort and peace. After I finished getting ready and receiving instructions, Jennie and I were waiting for everyone else to join us. It was so calm and quiet, the spirit speaks so strongly there. Several of our friends walked into the room followed by my dear husband. It was simply amazing.

So much of me is glad that we waited and made sure that we were both more than ready to go. We are so excited to go back and it is such a blessing that the Dallas Temple is so close. We're eager for next month and glad that so many are going to be able to attend our Sealing. It will be so special!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

It was a special night, thanks for letting us share it with you! We will be looking forward to your sealing...I'm so excited and happy for you two, it's FABULOUS! :)

Michelle said...

Jenny I have tried to leave comments here two times and it wouldn't let me post it. I'll try again.. Congratulations on your special day. I was thinking of you that day and would have loved to have been there. Did your mom make it? I am so happy for you and Forest!