December 31, 2008

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

and also the busiest....

The last two months have flown by in a whirl. It's hard to believe that in just a few hours we will be saying goodbye to 2008 already. 2008, despite it's flaws, was a very good year for Forest and I. Here are a few of the reasons I haven't updated this blog in a while:

Ward Christmas Party: Our Ward's Christmas Party was Dec 12th. I was asked to plan for it about 4 weeks before that. Even though I had a short time to do everything, it turned out pretty amazing in the end. It was quite the experience and I would do it again. I might even have to, next year.

Family, Family, Everywhere: On Dec 21st my parents came into town safe and sound. The day before they came, it was in the 70's and very nice. The day after they landed we took them to a drive-in movie theater (my Dad worked at one when he was in college so we thought it would be nostalgic for him to go). It was in the 30's! Even though we were kind of cold, we did have fun eating to keep warm and the movies were pretty good. We had a great Christmas Eve with the Wrights and the Myerhoffs. The day after Christmas we gained 5 more family members when Forest's sister Heidi, her husband and three kids came to stay. We had a very full house!

Sealing: On Dec 27th, Forest and I were finally sealed in the Dallas Temple! It was a really amazing day. I will post about that later, it really does deserve it's own entry!

New Years: Our family is all gone (*sniff*) and we are gearing up for a big party at the Dendy's tonight! I am working a whopping 11 hours today and hopefully not more than that because Gracie needs to sleep before midnight. I can just imagine how cranky she will be if she stays up until then.

I am sad to see this year go (because it means I'm really starting to get older) but I am excited to see what is in store for next year. Happy New Year!

No comments: