On Monday night we had a nice evening with the Wrights. We played a great game of Apples to Apples (the best game on earth) and enjoyed some very good snacks. We're so grateful to have friends that we can share the holidays with, it's made the fact that none of our family was in DFW this year a little more tolerable. We went into Christmas thinking we would have a great day.
We woke up a little later than usual and opened our presents. Forest got me a beautiful jewelry box, something I've been asking for for years. I got Forest a computer game, but unfortunately the power supply on his brand-new computer shorted out. He will have to get a better one, but didn't want to have to worry about that. So, I'm bummed that he can't play it. I decided to make Christmas meatballs, it's kind of become a tradition for us. I placed them into two glass square pans, one Pyrex brand and the other Anchor. I pulled them out of the oven and placed them on the stove. I went to stir the sauce I had in my crock-pot and I heard a huge pop. The Pyrex dish cracked into huge jagged sharp pieces! I cleaned up the mess (and of course cut myself a little bit in the process) and went on to do other things. About an hour later, I was doing dishes and Forest was drying and putting things away when I heard another huge pop and many little items hitting my back and legs. The second dish exploded. There were pieces of glass everywhere in a 5 foot radius. It was shocking, that is all I can say! What are the odds of two dishes doing that within a few hours? Our pumpkin pie was sitting right next to it and was full of huge shards of glass. Thankfully our meal wasn't ruined. I was nervous the rest of the day that my crock-pot was next!
So, after the crazy Christmas we had, mingled with the fact that we are both sick, I just made soup and ate leftover dip for dinner. Forest put the dip on a plate for a minute and about 30 seconds later we heard a huge crack. The plate cracked in half in the microwave. I wish I were making this up. Forest then said "I am going to heat this soup up on the stove and if THAT explodes, I'm not sleeping here tonight!" So far, tonight, no explosions...
No comments:
Post a Comment