October 9, 2007

negative, again...

I have been feeling kind of gross the past three days. I think it has something to do with my sugar, but I haven't been able to find my glucose monitor for a little while. I need to just buy a new one! I am feeling hungry, when I am well full, but it doesn't feel like my sugar is high either. I've been doing good on my sugar intake and have found really great replacements for some of my favorite snacks. I found these amazing sugar-free popsicles from PhillySwirl. I haven't found a sugar-free popsicle that I liked remotely well but these are beyond fantastic.

Anyway, I was sitting here on my break today, with this weird headache and feeling overall just rotten when I suddenly felt compelled to take a pregnancy test. I bought a pack of them a while ago and I've been so fed up that I haven't even thought about getting pregnant or counting my cycles or anything. So, I took it and it was negative. I'm not sure what compelled me to do that, maybe it was my deep deep inner wants playing tricks on my fragile mind. I'm fine with the outcome though, I've been through this many times and will many times in the future. I have been blessed the last few months and I constantly think how lucky I am to have a job that I love, a job I wouldn't have if I had children of my own right now. I think God needs me to be with Grace and Jennie right now and I am glad I have such a good place to be before he calls on me for another job.

I keep forgetting to mention the Relief Society conference last week. Thoughts from that night keep floating around in my head and I've been putting off talking about it. I produced a video for the program that night which featured photos of the women of our stake. It turned out better than I could ever have hoped for. I came early to set up my video and help set up the food for dinner. We even had a visit from the fire department. I do hope I'm never in that building if a fire were actually started... So, we had a lovely dinner and program before the conference began. I felt it only necessary to dedicate the video to Courtney, who I had thought of often during it's production. I had forgotten to tell my fellow Trophy Club Ward sisters that the last picture was Courtney and her baby, which caused the floodgates to open for everyone Courtney has touched. I apologize for this, but it's safe to assume everyone would have needed the Kleenex anyway. The conference was very amazing, I hate to admit that I have slightly felt spiritually empty. I really needed to fill my cup and after the last week, it is truly running over.

No comments: