I woke up around 8 feeling pretty good, although my husband was freaking out because he was supposed to be in downtown Dallas by 8 for work today. Apparently I didn't set the alarm clock...although I did, but for me. He has his own alarm clock specifically because we usually wake up at different times. Nice thing about him working on Saturdays is that he could probably not even show up and no one would even notice. At any rate, I got up and ate pancakes for breakfast, along with some apple cider I got the other day. I took a huge swig of the apple cider and immediately noticed that it tasted like alcohol! It was horrible. Shortly thereafter, I got a slight headache, I had a little bit of a tummy ache and I was feeling hungry. I snacked on a few things, but the headache got worst and I started to feel nauseated. I laid around for a few hours trying to calm my headache, but nothing worked. I eventually got sick, which of course is never fun, but within a minute I was feeling totally fine. My headache and stomach aches were both gone. I don't think it was a flu or anything, I am pretty sure I just can't hold my fermented apple cider! It was a very bizarre turn of events, but I am SO glad I got feeling better, because I had a very good day.
Tonight was our Ward's Trunk or Treat. It's become a tradition in our ward, but I've never been before. The families line their cars up in the parking lot and pass out candy to the kids. I went with the Dendys to help with Grace. I went as a witch and she was a spider. It was quite a bit of fun, especially since I got to march around with a cute little spider all night. I also have never seen so many children in my life, it was actually overwhelming!
Jenny the Witch, McKay the Alien, Gracie the Spider,
Alexa the Flower and Dallas:
I got to see Courtney tonight! She was there with her little ones, which was fantastic to see. I can't believe a week ago she was so weak she couldn't do much of anything. She really is such an amazing woman, she isn't letting this get her down. I didn't want to spread too many of my germs on her, so I only got to talk for a minute, but that was more than enough for me considering it's been 7 weeks since I've seen her.
Courtney and her adorable family:
In other great news, my friend Crysta had her baby boy today! I don't know all of the details, but he was born around 7am this morning and his name is Spencer Jaxson. He joins his big sister Grayce. Congratulations Crysta and Chris!
No comments:
Post a Comment